Looking for a cost-effective way to reach new customers? Door drops are not just affordable — they are versatile, highly targeted and effective. For small and local firms, door drops can bring in valuable new business.
The door drop was once regarded as a somewhat blunt tool and the poor relation in the marketing mix. Now, sophisticated targeting, better creatives and more responsive customers have all helped improve the impact of door drops, especially for local businesses looking to raise their profile.
Every part of your marketing strategy needs to work hard for you, generating awareness and communicating the benefits of your product or service. But it is the door drop where you can literally hit home.
Door drops can be as local as the city your business is located in or they can cover every household in the country. They play a fundamental role in:
- Promoting start-ups or entering new markets — launch yourself through the letterbox
- Extending existing databases — find new customers
- Steering customers into new shops
- Reaching a large audience cost-effectively
Targeting software can allow you to select geographic areas where your campaign is most likely to be successful based on the product your looking to sell to your prospective customers.
Used well, the door drop is a very powerful piece of advertising. Its key strengths are:
- You have space to educate and persuade your customers using detail. And, of course, you can include samples, steer to store, and ask their opinions too, all cost-effectively.
- You can use it as a response channel inside integrated campaigns.
- You can collect data for use in future activity. Include a short questionnaire or prize draw to gather names, addresses and other intelligence on your new customers.